Today is Sunday. We first watched SUNDAY MORNING at 8am. It is a very interesting show. Lasts for 1 1/2 hours and today it was all about chefs and food and knife makers. It was quite fascinating. We enjoyed it. Afterward we went for our walk in the cemetary again. Dad got on the internet last night and found George Lucas's tombstone at our neighboring cemetary, so our quest was to find that stone. And, well you guessed it ....
DAD FOUND IT!! We wandered around looking at a lot of tombstones and finally he is waving his arms at me. This is the man who wanted the prophet dead. Dad was not standing too close so I made him move in a little.
This is a closeup of the stone. It shows a hand with a feather pen in it. We don't know if he was a penman or a writer or what.

I came home and started some hot rolls. Can you believe that I am taking rolls to T-day dinner for the seniors. Guess we have joined. I never feel that I am old enough though.

We had a good day at church today. We had to pick up two of our sweet sisters at the VC. It is always good to be with them. Our Bishop is Samoan and not very old. Probably in his 40's. One of his counselors is also Samoan and kind of hard to understand. You must listen carefully. But is was a good meeting and then SS and RS and priesthood. We don't get out till 5 and it is real dark by then. Seems strange.
We love you, one and all.
Mom and Dad, Doug and Shauna, etc.
we sang praise to the man at Stake Conf on sunday. That song always gives me chills and makes me marvel. I bet there were lots of men that wanted him dead. What an amazing man.
ReplyDeleteFunny...we were a bit confused at first because I asked Randy (before I read your entire post), "who is George Lucas?" His response....He's the man who created STAR WARS. Then a conversation began...he died? Mom and Dad wanted to find HIS grave? Etc...Finally finished reading and all was cleared up. He. He.
ReplyDeleteMason and Ben want me to say "I miss Gamma and Gammpa soooo much."
ReplyDeleteIzaak wants to say....Grandma and Grandpa, I really miss you on your mission, and I'll have fun when I visit you on our vacation. P.S. I will have a fun thanksgiving. Will you?