After we left Liberty,(and Liberty is about 13 miles from us, not 1), we drove to Far West. It was a community of about 5,000 people. This was where Joseph left to go back to Liberty Jail and also where General Lucas wanted to kill the prophet. And guess what, General George Lucas is buried in the cemetary that is across the street from us. The church owns several acres at Far West. Right now it is a fenced in area with a monument at one end of it. These are the sweet Sisters that we went with on this day. It is sacred ground. So quiet and peaceful.

Just a close up shot of part of the monument.

There are actually four cornerstones that were laid by the early saints and they are still there now with enclosures over them. Someday there will be a temple built right on this spot

I was busy collecting beautiful pine cones at Far West. I have a basket of them. They are quite different and very beautiful. I will get a picture.
gave me chills to think of a temple one day being there and of Joseph once standing there and now tears as I think of those sisters that get to mingle with my mom and dad-miss you two!!
ReplyDelete