Hugging and laughing and a few sad faces. And the wind was blowing and it was cold and some without coats on.
The missionary on the left is Elder Williams. He is the big guy who helped to subdue the out of control kid we took home. On the right is Elder Ale (ALL-E). He is one of the AP and is an outstanding missionary. Loves everyone, knows the gospel, good looking, I didn't pick the best pic of him, just what you want your daughter to bring home to introduce you too.
This is Sister Higbee. She is squatted down writing in someone's journal and is freezing to death. Her coat is at the dry cleaners. She came up to me early and asked if I would be her companion for the day. She had talked to the pres. and since she is the only sister going home tomorrow, she had no companion. So she was within sight or ear shot of me all day. She helped me get out my reports and some other things in the office and then we went to her apartment and she taped her two big boxes and we took them to Fed Ex to send home and I brought her over and fixed lunch for her. She is a sweetie. Headed to Alamo, Nevada tomorrow night. I already love her.
The elder on the right is Elder Nam from Korea. Also speaks Japanese and English very well and is now a Spanish speaking Elder. The others loved him right off.
The three new sisters that arrived yesterday. Sisters Howe, Young and Powers. They are so excited to begin their work.
This was the Haka. Elder Ale, from Samoa had all the departing missionaries together and then stood in front of them and they all did the Haka. I don't know if that is how you spell it. You have probably seen it before. Lots of football teams do it, like BYU I think, and it is in that movie Forever Strong. It is quite impressive. The leader is yelling out the commands or whatever he does. Pretty intense. Ale leaves next month and I hope that that is not the end of the dance.
After the Elders did their thing, the Sisters had prepared something. Their first time. It was a hand slapping, arm moving, circles, lines. It was cute.
Lots of hugs and goodbyes as missionaries got on the bus. Their luggage was loaded and off they went. Dropping people off all the way and picking others up. It is so organized. They were out of there at 8:30 and back by 5 at night. Quite a trip. So that meant that several of the elders did not have a companion. They were being picked up and brought back to the stake center. So all day they were out proselyting. It is amazing. These kids never sit around. Even Sister Higbee today being in the office, if we didn't have something for her to do, her scriptures were on her lap and she was reading.
There was Sister Jacobs in the office for awhile today and the two of them came out with the packing pieces from a computer on their heads. They sang some songs for us. Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree and two others. Sister Jacobs was sort of talking the song and Sister Higbee was making sounds. Then we had them do some more cat pantomine. It was so fun. Dad and I nearly died laughing. Sister Williams, the office secretary, is very down the line and I don't know if she enjoyed all the laughter and fun that was going on. We think it is cool to see these kids let their hair down a little and have fun and laugh.
Wow. Looks like a fun, busy day. I didn't know you guys were moving again. I guess I thought you were in the place you were staying the rest of your mission. Hope you like this new place. It must be the bigger, nicer place? Happy moving!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are settling in and loving the Elders and Sisters, so glad you're a couple that believes in laughter!!
ReplyDeleteYes more pictures of your place please!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to turn on my computer every morning and see what you two are up to. I've bawled almost every time I read the Linde Line and now there's music there's no hope of me reading it dry eyed. Love you both, our prayers are with you. Linda
ReplyDelete