I tried all day to get a pic to post tonight, but I was not able to. At the end of work someone came in and said the sun was like a ball of fire, but by the time I got out there to get a pic, of coarse, it was gone. And then I tried to get a pic of Dad at the office. He had his most harrowing day yesterday. If I had been brave enough I would have taken a pic, but I thought he might throw something at me if I tried.
At one point he had a phone on each ear and I had answered my phone and the call was for him! He was so frustrated at the end of the day that we drove around old town Independence looking for a place to eat. They were either all empty, or Dad went in and said no, we don't want to eat there or they had Budweiser and Coors signs filling the windows. Somehow it was not appropriate to walk into a restaurant with suit and tie and a name badge with all that on the window. So we went over to another busy street and found a Country Cafe. And it was country. Three electric guitars playing and the old guys singing along. It had quite a few people in it and so we ate and the food was OK, but the music was fun. After eating we went to a movie. Saw the latest Christmas Carol. Dad loved it and I spent part of the time sleeping, but it was a very interesting show. Don't know how they did it.
The reason for Dad being so stressed? The day before some Elders called and they had been in an accident. They ran a STOP sign and got hit on the passenger side front wheel. Dad called his auto guy and he said he would send a tow truck and get it here and fix it. When he called the missionaries back to tell them what would happen, they said that there were already two tow trucks there and the police wanted the car off the road. So he talked to the tow guy and told him where to take it, and it would cost about $200. OK. The car should have been here by five or six pm. It did not arrive that night. Did not arrive the next day, so Dad called SL and they said to report it as a stolen car. So then the phone calls began trying to find the police that handled the accident. He told his story three or four times and still couldn't find much info. Then he got a call from an auto body shop saying he had his car, and he had paid the $500 towing fee and what did he want done. Dad about flipped. Told him not to touch the car and he would not pay that kind of a towing fee. He was not even supposed to have the car. So he had to write a report about everything that had happened and faxed it to SLC. They were in charge now. So he relaxed a little today until he started getting calls from SLC from his superior and the church's lawyers and who knows who else. The police, the missionaries involved, the tow guy, our auto body guy. Well, this afternoon he was given permission for our guy to send his tower and bring the car back and get it fixed and they would take care of the crazy towing fee. Everyone thinks that they are out to get us. There was a lot of opposition from different areas in Kansas City about the temple that is going up there. I think they are a bunch of scammers. So tomorrow should see our car back in Independence and getting fixed up.
We just keep learning new things about our jobs. I found out that I was supposed to be sending birthday cards to all the missionaries. So I colored and got 8 cards ready to send out for the rest of the month. Now I need to go back and take care of the first two weeks. Any ideas for some cute birthday cards would be appreciated. I just used a print out of some that I found in the drawer. But I need to get a little creative with little or no money. I have colored pencils and some colored markers, lots of colors.
Hang in there guys! Love you both and you guys can do it! Loves Erin
ReplyDeleteWe had the missionaries over for dinner last night. They had both been out 11/2 years but really were still very uncomfortable and shy-we had a hard time getting them to relax, one finally did but the other-wow, the church is true cause I'm sure he's had success and yet he has no charisma! Abby wanted you to know we had them over, she was so excited all afternoon for them to come. Love you 2!
ReplyDelete