Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hey, I am getting better at this. It is not taking me nearly so long to do it. I can upload my pics alone and then begin my dialogue.
I hate to say it, but more new experiences today. Dad has been quite stressed today. He got a lot done at his desk amidst the calls from missionaries, but the big one was this afternoon when he was on the phone and so I answered, Sister Linde, and the Elder said he needed to talk to Dad, it was an emergency. They were in an accident. So he hung up one phone and picked up the other and sure enough, an accident. All were OK, but tomorrow they will probably feel it in their bodies. Our Elder didn't stop for a stop sign and someone hit him, so his fault and he will have to pay the ticket. Several calls back and forth, talking to the police, a body shop here in town, tow company to bring the car in. Oh, it gets involved and has to be taken care of right now. Dad was glad to get out of there at 5pm.

This is our dining area. It is just at the end of the living room. Dad beginning his lunch. Soup and sandwich nearly every day. I need some new food ideas.
Our Adam-ondi-Ahman leaves hanging over the table. A bouquet of lavender picked at the office on the table. And that big white thing is a milk jug from Costco. Here you can buy just one gallon at a time. Big, tall, straight jugs. And notice the place mats. How we have enjoyed them.



Another pic of Dad peering beneath the leaves. Dad is looking straight into our kitchen. Our little kitchen.


This is me at the other end of the kitchen. The cupboard at the end is a pantry and very handy. On the left wall is the frig, 8 inches of counter, the stove, and another 8 inches of counter. On the right is the sink in the middle and the microwave, I am in front of, and then another 1/3 of that wall, counter space. There is not much area to work in. Hence, we usually do the dishes immediately and try and clear the cupboards for next time. I have tried to find a different place to put the microwave, but so far, no luck. I am not tall enough to put it on top of the frig, and I don't want it on the table where we eat. Any ideas? I guess we are getting used to it.



And some of you will enjoy the next pic. Yes, we do have an IN-SINK-ERATOR. Scraps ready to go down.



Pushing them in.



and WHOOSH......all done! We are enjoying it. There is no recycling here. None at all. Haven't even seen any big containers to drop stuff off at, it either goes in the disposal or the can.




And yahoo, Dad getting in his 3rd brand new car and driving it off the lot. This one is for the President. A Toyota Avalon. Now Dad has 4 cars FOR SALE. If anyone wants a car, this is a good place to get one. Toyota Corollas, Chevy Malibu and the pres's old Avalon.



4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your kitchen can't wait to see it for ourselves!! First snow huh..winter is on its way!! loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, who knew all your consumer reports research would lead you to be in charge of all these cars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. would a little microwave cart (ya know the kind on wheels) work right outside the kitchen? if you've got room?
    Sophie misses Papa and grandma whenever she sees someone with gray hair she points and says grandma papa? she got some ward members laughing on sunday when they realized that they do look their age (not yet grandparents)

    ReplyDelete