Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Greetings! Our activity last Friday night was a FALL bonfire. And I guess the program is changed because I am not able to load more than 5 pics. I try and do some more and it will not accept them. So this is the end of the presentation.


The fire was in the middle of lots of trees which he didn't care if they burned up. This was quite a sight. Looked like Christmas lights up and down each twig of the tree.

The fire contained all sorts of things. Old mattresses and box springs from the mission and some old furniture that had been growing mold! Lots of tree trimmings, big spools, etc.

Dad with the flashlight on his face. A little Halloweenie!



And me with the light. Not quite as dramatic.



The fire is beginning to burn down. We had to stand 50 yards away from the fire when it was at it's peak. Quite beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. wow, that looks warm. Good times. Looks like we get a week of 65-70. A litle payback from the lousy spring we had. Hey, you will never believe what I did recently. Our fridge went on the fritz, panel blinking and ice door opening closing. Maytag wanted $100 to look and possible $200 to replace the electronic motherboard inside. So i did some research on the web, found that this model had problems with the electronic motherboard and one guy posted that he repaired his by replacing 2 bad capacitors on the motherboard with a solder pen........... I decided to try it. Even as comfortable I am with electronics, motherboards and solder irons have always scared me. Well, i bought the capacitors at radio shak for $4, had the solder iron already, and removed the old capacitors and soldered the new ones on and it fired right up..... I was stoked!.... In another electronics success story I have a friend at work that spilled a beer on his Macbook laptop last year and it turned off, never worked again for him... I asked him the other day if he still had it and he had bought another $1000 macbook and just left this one to garbage.... I offered him $50, knowing that I could open it up and clean up all the circuit boards with rubbing alcohol and taking a chance it would work. Even if it didnt I knew I could sell it for parts on EBAY for $150.. so it was a win/win. Well, i took it home, opened it up, spent 10 minutes on cleaning the motherboards and corrossion from the brew, and it fired up within 20 minutes..... So I have a nice christmas present now for xmas.. So if you have any IPOD, macbook, iphone, etc that has been dunked in a beer or swimming pool, I will gladly take it off your hands!! Love you guys!! Brett

    ReplyDelete