Sunday, November 28, 2010

Last Sunday night I got into email and read some news. That night there was a blue moon. Go figure. Did you know what that was? I read all about it, grabbed my camera about 10:30-11pm and ran outside and it was completely overcast. No pic.


On Monday morning we went for a walk and guess what, the blue moon was now in the West and I snapped a pic or two of it. As soon as I got a couple of pics, the clouds completely covered it again and it was over. So all that hype about Once in a Blue Moon is really true!

We had arrivals last Monday and then Tuesday was transfer day. It was a very cold day. I think it was 30*. This is Dad and I with Elder Bergeson. He has been one of the AP's these last twelve weeks and we have grown to love him. He is going home to California, northern.


Transfer day and this is Sister Fakai (fa-kaw-e). She is a bright ray of sunshine in our mission. From Australia and has a real accent. The middle is Sister Hinckley. She arrived on Monday. And then Sister Lasalosi (la-sa-low-se) another one that I would love to bring home with us. She did leave on Wednesday and went home to West Jordan (I think). Anyway she is close. A sweet story about her. She was not able to fly with the rest of the group because of a mixup and so her aunt flew out to pick her up. The President and his wife dropped her off at the Continental terminal. They walked in and there was her aunt and as she looked down the corridor--she saw her mother. She ran to her and they embraced. She had not seen her mother in 6-7 years. She had been in SLC going to school and her mother and father flew in from Tonga to see her and mom surprised her by coming to the airport to pick her up. Quite a reunion.

Another Sister I would like to claim. Sister Sasaki.

Dad even gives hugs to the Sisters as they leave! She has been a wonderful missionary. And she has a beautiful voice. We went over to the VC on Sunday afternoon and she sang O Holy Night for us. It was amazing. We plan to see her in Hawaii someday!

At the mission home on Thanksgiving. After dinner we decorated the home for Christmas. This is Elder and Sister Bouy and Sister Williams, who is going home on Tuesday. She lives in our building and we will miss her, then me and Dad.

Elder Stutz and Sister Stutz and the President decorating the tree.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun holiday at the mission home. I cant believe your next! Yippee! That moon picture is so pretty. I am glad you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your next, You're next!! Yippie! Can't wait for you two to meet Maggie and her happiness along with getting aquainted with Sophie-she's so fun and silly and quiet(most of the time) you'll love getting to know her. Love you two! J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grams and Gramps. This is Ry. THanks for the fun packages. I love to get packages. Hope you are warm in Missouri.. Rylan

    ReplyDelete