Sunday, November 21, 2010

I told you there would be more. Here is another church in the same area. And I know of two more that are not close by.


Their name of the church...

and the church itself.

Another of those berry trees that I love. This one has orange berries.
On Saturday we had an all mission conference. We picked up 10 Sisters at 6:30am in the brand new van and headed to Topeka. Got there a little after 8 and filled the chapel with missionaries after 8:30am. I went and got the mail all sorted out on the stage and came in a little late and tried to find Dad. I was looking for him on the sides toward the back. No luck. He was about 5 rows back right in the middle. And I was late. Had to climb over several people to sit by him.
But the meeting had started and you are spposed to sit with your companion! One of the twelve apostles, Elder Richard G. Scott, was in Topeka for a stake conference and wanted to talk to the missionaries. It was a glorious three hour meeting. It was very different than others we have had but a lot was taught and it was very spiritual. I have always loved to hear Elder Scott speak. He is so deliberate with his speech, so quiet and such a gentle spirit. He just makes me feel very calm and peaceful. He bore a beautiful testimony of the Savior.
After the meeting ended at 12, a Relief Society had prepared chili and soups and other good things for all to eat. They probably fed 300 people at least. But with Sister Bouy and I being in charge of the Christmas program, we had to have a practice. Can you believe that that assignment fell into our laps. I don't know how it happened. So what we did was call upon a member in one of the wards here who has a music store with her husband and she wrote a program for us. It has been very stressful because it took her much longer than we had hoped to get it on paper. But she actually drove to Topeka and went through the songs with the little choir we had chosen and she thinks the whole thing will happen. We are excited, but it has certainly been weighing on our back shoulders. We assigned all the parts and I am sure that there will be hurt feelings and all, but what do you do. We kept getting calls about the program and kids who wanted to participate. They had guitar numbers they had been working on. Well, guess what? NO GUITARS. I think the President is not going to allow guitars on special musical numbers any longer. We have had some pitiful numbers, at least by my standards!
As we are walking to the van, the sisters spot this car in the parking lot. We know it is a mission car, it is the type and it has a sign on the back that says CALL ME and tell them how I am driving. A couple of the Elders came over and wrote a message on the car......
Of coarse, they signed it at the bottom--


No idea whose car it was, but I would have loved to see their faces!



This is a couple of Sisters with a member driving them and they are holding up a note for us to read: I'M HAVING A BABY! You have to learn the talk of missionaries. Sister Young had received a call from the AP's telling her that she would be a trainer (a missionary arriving on Monday will be her new companion). Everyone hollered and gave her a thumbs up!
It just keeps going on. Last week was a busy, busy week. Elder Bouy had surgery on his foot a couple of weeks ago. A bunion removed and pins and rods put in two toes. So he had apartments to set up and could not drive, so Dad was the designated driver. They were gone quite a lot last week. And then things came to a head with Sister Lee. She is going home on the 30th of the month. That has been like a nightmare on Walnut Street!
Tomorrow we have 19 missionaries arriving, Tuesday is transfer day and Wednesday is departure day, then Thanksgiving and Friday. Wow! A huge week but All is Well.





1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow, all the behind the scenes work you two do! No wonder senior missionaires are sooo important!!! WE LOVE YOU and are so blessed by your examples!!!

    ReplyDelete