Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello and more frustration. I did an entry last night and it would not print out. I am still such a novice at this. And now I have just loaded these 5 pics and they did not come out the way I had planned. Crazy.

This is a pic of the President with his AP's. Elder Clayton on the left side and Elder Thomas on the right. Elder Clayton is going home in two weeks and I am nearly in tears right now. We get to know the AP's quite well since they are in the office quite regularly and we just happen to be in the same ward with them, so we see them at church and have them to dinner. Tomorrow night in fact. And I have not even thought about it. Whoops! What to eat. Did chicken enchiladas last time and they loved that. Anyway, I am going to find out when he will be talking in Sacrament meeting and it would be fun if you could go meet him. He lives in Provo just above the temple so I will let you know. Elder Clayton is from England and you occasionally hear his accent. It is so fun. And he is one of the happiest missionaries I have ever seen.



This was last Friday night. We got home from the office and I started the wash and at 7pm, Dad said, let's go find a high school football game to watch. So we drove to the nearest high school and here we are. If was fun to see. Still the same as at home. The kids don't come to watch the game, just socialize and the parents are there to see the game.


Fireside at Liberty Jail on Sunday. This is one of the newly baptized members. She had a very interesting story. Blind since birth because she was a small baby and under the lights and whatever happens with that. She had a 9 year old son and the two of them live together alone. He is a sweet boy. And then there is her dog. She has only had her a short time and loves her so. She has really changed her life. I got talking to her after the fireside and asked a lot of questions about the dog training. You know I thought about doing that when we lived in Pocatello. I think it would be a great thing to do. Any takers?

Lost my pic of the Pres and AP's and ended up with two of this. Go figure.


OK. Saw the pics of the hailstorm in Lehi. Here is ours. We went to te Harts to watch a BYU football game and it started storming after we got there. Dad went out and picked up this hail stone. It was nearly as big as a golf ball. and pure ice. We saw a pic on TV that showed an orange with hail stones all around it. Small ones and some that were bigger than an orange. It is unbelievable. Several calls on Monday reporting hail damage to the cars.




Don't know what I am doing any more. Will sign off and try again tomorrow.
Love you every day.



3 comments:

  1. Holy piece of hail. OK...ours was wimpy.
    Ben asked me to stop reading to him today...I asked why (was reading them the new books you sent) He said that grandma was supposed to read it to him. Ahhh. Then in his prayers tonite, he asked HF to please bless g&g and have them come home today at 5 oclock. So cute. You guys have fun and soak it all up...the next few months will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Crazy that hail like that can happen without reports of tons of people dying from blunt-force trauma. Sorry, too much CSI. Also, I wanted to thank you for the card last week. You two are so kind and thoughtful. Yes Doug, I know you had a hand in that. I just need to find a new Subway now. A month ago I left without paying for or picking up my sandwich cause it took 15 MINUTES to make. I'm afraid of what they would do to my next sub. Moral is: don't mess with food service people. Thanks again! Keep your shoulders to the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weather! Utah weather is weak in comparison to your stuff. Finding high school games to watch, the coach will never stop I guess. I am glad you will be back to coach Bran before JV football. One of the players has a professional video done every game so I will have to send it to you to watch. Just the plays, so its over in 10 minutes. But they have Bran playing left Guard and Defensive end, mostly Guard but he has had a lot of chances at defense. He is still just learning the game and he gets caught up in following thru on the field positions and doing everything right instead of letting it flow. But he is getting better every week. He cant wait to get some details from you next year.

    ReplyDelete