Sunday, September 5, 2010

Friday night.....guess what!

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME..............Dad and I had been to one ballgame in St. Louis about 40 years ago and it was so boring that we left early. Well, here we go again.

Gotta have one of those hot dogs at the ball game. The first order of business. Only $4.50 for a short dog and $6.50 for a footlong. Outrageous!


Presenting the colors. My favorite thing no matter where it is being done.


I don't know what these guys are called, but they carried that hose all over so the lead man could spray down that beautiful stuff! The best looking dirt I ever did see.


The lovely scoreboard. We scored four runs in the 2nd inning and then 1 more in the 8th. Not enough to win the game.


Always entertainment going on. This was the Hot Dog Race. That is Relish in the lead, followed by Ketchup and Mustard bringing up the rear. They raced to the finish line. Couldn't really see where they were going.


Beautiful fountains with all sorts of water displays with different colored lights on them all the time except when they were playing ball. I think since the Bellagio started in Vegas, everyone has to do better with their water displays. I love it.


Don't know what they call this mascot. He is running around all the time. Patting bald heads, kissing kids, rolling over on the dugout roof, leading cheers, just one busy lion.


And he has that tail out back. Kinda cute.


Sing alongs with the words posted for you.


That hose crew out again. This time they are raking and smoothing out that beautiful red dirt.


And the Friday Fireworks display was amazing. Beautiful! They are coming up with more fantastic fireworks. One that looks like puffs of cotton. It was amazing.


And yes, there was even a baseball game going on. We really quite enjoyed it. It was a cool night where we even had to put on jackets at the end. Thankfully!

The huddle out on the pitcher's mound. There were several of these. How do we win this game? They never did figure that one out.

Yes, these are the KC Royals and they have a beautiful stadium.


The final score. Yes, under R, we had only 5 while for the Detroit Tigers it says 9. How did that happen? We went the Auke and Norma Hart. He is in the office with us doing finances, but we are in the same ward with them and have gotten to know them there. She has such a bad back that she cannot do a mission with him as they had hoped. She takes lots of medication just so she can be out of bed.
Hope you enjoyed your Friday night as much as we did. Mom and Dad


4 comments:

  1. Cool Beans. Glad to see you have a little fun once in awhile. And, glad to see a pic. of Dad. I was wondering if he was still there...and he is...munching on hot dogs no less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks likes a fun time. Baseball games are fun for about a half an hour. But, what you're really there for is the hot dogs and funnel cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hang on a bit longer say almost 2 hours and still have a good time!! I bet the missionaires were jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good times! Royals eh. I remember watching George Brett, getting an autograph picture when I was in grade school.

    ReplyDelete