Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well, once again I messed up. I really think that I am too old to be trying all these technological instruments. I am OK with a paper and pen or pencil, point and shoot camera and push button telephone, but hand me a computer, cell phone, or fancy camera and they all have way too many buttons and way too many choices to make and way too many options in how to do it.

I had my pics on the desktop and put the first 3 in and they ended up already posted. Don't know why or how.

Didn't know if I ever presented my picture wall. Remember how bare the walls were... well I did not like it. The latest addition is just under the clock.

This is a closeup of the artwork sent to us by a sweet grandson, Izaak. I copied his name off the back and pasted it on the right hand side. He truly put his heart into it. We love it!

This is a China made quilted that I purchased at the Far West LDS bookstore when Linda and Fred came out to see us. I have that above our bed and it adds a little color to an otherwise white room. We laughed today as we read in MormonTimes the column written by Orson Scott Card. He was talking about the role of a husband. Trying to instruct young men in the church about what is expected. "...The trouble is that the whole point of dating is to find a mate. In the church, that means finding someone to be your companion longer than life itself." Wow, we really laughed when we read that. You really should read the MormonTimes. It has wonderful articles and stories in it. You learn a lot and enjoy every bit of it.

This was Dad out on the sidewalk capturing an injured bluejay. He brought it in and put it in a box and we actually called the place in Kansas City where they take birds and animals. We were going to take it there because we could not send it to Megan fast enough so she could care for it.



This is the first pic of the bird. He was just sitting out on the lawn in front and not moving. We watched him for 15 minutes before he finally hopped down to the sidewalk. I saw another bluejay coming to his aid and then a robin sort of dive bombed the helper, so he flew to a nearby tree and then two robins started attacking him. Truly going after him. So he flew away. Our little jay did not last for long. We were ready to leave and he had perished in the box.


This rabbit is out in front of our place and that is our car on the right side. Can you believe little rabbits around. We see them occasionally.

A week ago we drove to the Missouri River to see how much it had come up with all of the rain we have had. Dad just told me that it came up ten feet. I can't quite believe that. Seems like it would have flooded. But you would not believe all the rain.

Guess I am done. Dad thinks it is time for a walk. Sun is down, it is below 91 degrees and humidity is still high.
We will survive.





3 comments:

  1. That's sad that Bluejay died. I have another sad story,once a dove built a nest in are yard. Another day,the nest was gone! Dad thought a cat attacked the nest. I figured out it was a cat because I found claw-marks on a piece of the nest that fell to the ground. I don't like cats.
    yours truely,
    Izaak.
    P.S.that artwork is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma and Grandpa, this is Mason. I want to tell you that I love you. I wish you could come over to our house, but it makes me sad that you don't come over. I know that you have to go on a mission. -MASON

    Grandma and Grandpa, this is Ben. I love you. (Ben typed that part all by himself!) We are going on a little vacation to St.George. Today is Izaak's last day of school. Be safe on your mission. -BEN

    I was reading your blog and Mason and Ben wanted to tell Grandma and Grandpa 'sumfing impotent'. Those boys love you and think of you a lot. You are in their prayers constantly. We love you guys and are in our prayers too. We are so blessed here by your efforts in the mission. The Church is TRUE! keep up the good work.

    Hi Grandma and Grandpa, this is Izaak. Did you get my comments? Guess what? today is my last day of school! I hope it is a really fun day.
    Love you, IZAAK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above section in the middle was written by Randy. He and the boys were hovered over your blog this AM. Love you guys. Ade

    ReplyDelete