Oh, my. I cannot believe how long I have gone without any time in here. I don't know what is going on with me. Sometimes I think it is the computer. I know so little about it and realize that there is so much more I could do to make things more interesting, but then my life is quite low key right now. Kind of the same thing every day, but not really. I can't believe how often our days don't really begin until we get instructions from the President. Like last week he came into Dad and asked him if we could drive to Sedalia and pick up two missionaries and drive them to Marshall and then take one of the missionaries to the airport. He was headed home. We drove to Sedalia. A beautiful place with homes all in the woods or on the golf course. We drove up to Marshall and went in and left one there. This missionary apartment was unbelievable. It was spotless. We have heard a lot of horror stories, but this was not one of them. Elder Wilkes opened the frig and told the Elder that the middle part was his section. Clean, clean frig. He opened the freezer and I saw frozen chicken breasts lined up across the front. It was amazing. We left one Elder there and headed back for the Kansas City Airport to take the last Elder. Dad took him in and checked his luggage in. He had been here for 3 weeks. But he called his Mom on Mother's Day and she just cried and begged him to come home. He has only been a member for 15 months and no other members in his family. His parents were divorced and he actually helped to support the family. He lived with his Mom in California and his Dad lives in New York. His parents are from Mexico and I think his Mom just kind of got to him. Maybe he didn't want to be here either. You never know. Anyway, that was our day. We left at 11:30 and didn't get back until 5:30. Our days are varied, but the basic work is always there.
My last post was about going to Zone Conference. The Bouy's came with us and we stopped at a quilt store on the way and then on the way back. Sister Bouy is a real quilter and she ended up buying into this quilt. I took a bunch of pics for her. Isn't it gorgeous. It is some sort of Civil War quilt. I did my usual and just bought patterns!

There was a day recently where you could see a bunch of sights for $1 apiece. So we went with the Stutz's to the Truman Library. Here is Dad with one of his favorite people. Harry S. Truman. We went through the museum. These presidential museums are quite impressive.

Sister Stutz and I went to the Vaile Mansion. It is another amazing mansion in this town. Cost about $150,000 to build. They said it would cost 13 million today. It is quite amazing.

The tulip tree in the cemetary to the North of us. Have you ever heard of a tulip tree? They are real and quite beautiful. From a distance it just looks like two colors of leaves.

You have to get quite close to see the actual flower. Sister Bouy picked this off the ground so I could get a pic. So glad that we went on our way back to the office after lunch, since it began to rain that afternoon and it rained for days. It is quite amazing how long it can rain around here.

This is out in front of our office and that is Brother Eliason who is actually a paid employee. He takes care of the grounds here and there. He stops in the office to visit and when we first got here we met him. He was very hard to understand and I actually asked him what kind of accent he had. Well, come to find out he only began speaking about six years ago. I don't know all the details, but he did not talk for most of his life. He is very hard to understand, but we are getting used to listening and can understand him better all the time and love it when he comes in. He doesn't like his picture taken either!

The car in front of us. I zoomed in and got this pic. It is true also. We have met so many missionaries and other people and it is really quite amazing how blessed we feel when we hear their stories. Be grateful for what you have.

Short time today. See you later.
So good to hear from you. I have missed you both and wondered how things were going. Love you.
ReplyDeleteooo, those tulip trees are pretty. thanks for the updates :)
ReplyDelete