Sunday, January 10, 2010

31 December 2009
Can you believe that the year is now over! It always seems to fly by. This is a pic of our New Year's Eve dinner with the Stutz's. We had the yummy shredded chicken tacos and fresh pineapple and they also brought sparkling cider. And you know me, I always forget about the dessert. I am just not a dessert person. But I did make brownies. It was a good dinner and then we played a new card game with the ROOK cards. It was called Canadian Salad. Sister Stutz said the best part was that tomorrow, January 1st, we could finally say that we were going home next year! It is true. And at the beginning of the year. March 21st is our release date.

Guess what this is? Dad driving another new car off the lot. Yes, we just got three new cars. But the bad news is that means that we will have 3 more cars for sale. They just are not selling. Isn't there someone who wants a gently used car? Maybe when the snow is gone and spring is around the corner, they will sell.


Here we are looking at the parking lot at the office. Yes, just beyond the snowbank you can see the nose of our little white car. It would be buried if that snow were on top of it. And look at the snow behind the cars. And that is after they hauled trailers full of snow away.
This is the entrance to the Employment Office. That is where the Stutz's are every day. Keep going down the path to the end of the building and turn left and you are headed for our office.
Today the sun was actually shining. It was 5' on the way to church this AM and 22' when we came out. We need some warm sun to melt a little of this snow.


This pic was taken on Friday. It was a zone conference and I was alone in the office for quite awhile as all other office people went to the meeting. I will get my meeting on Wednesday when we take the van and drive a bunch of the Sisters to the meeting about an hour away. Anyway, I am sitting at my desk and I heard this little tap, tap like a branch hitting a window. Our office used to be the mission home and then it was remodeled for the about three or four other purposes. So the tapping was in some very high windows that are just under the eves. I went over and saw a bluebird sitting on the window sill and he was baffled by the glass. Could not figure it out. So back to desk and I hear another little scritch, scratch. I fortunately have the only real window in the office by my desk. I am so thankful. I really look out of the window a lot. Well, this little scratch was a squirrel. The window goes almost to the floor. The squirrel was standing on his hind legs and scratching at the window and the sill. I grabbed my camera and he just stood there and let me take his picture. Look at the ice on the inside of the window. Poor little thing out in that cold. I put the blind up and just watched him for awhile. Then another squirrel appeared and they were running around in the snow. I love those little creatures.


That's all for today folks. Erin is calling on Skype.




3 comments:

  1. maybe I'd better figure out this skype thing so you can see Maggie "in person" when she gets here next week! Love you 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard to believe that Evan will have just turned 8 when you return home. Seems like a long time. I was telling him that you wanted to see the hole where his tooth was, and he said he would show you when we get to your house on Thurs. It was a sad moment when he remembered you will not be there :(

    I love to watch the little squirrels outside of our house too. They are so busy and motivate me with their endless energy.
    Hope you are keeping warm. I tried to wear my scarf inside but it bugs me too much, maybe another type??
    Love you,
    Eryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe the snow. Wow. We are all about little creatures at our house right now too...a bird feeder for christmas has turned my little boys into serious bird watchers. It's fun to see something alive out in all that cold, cold, snow. Ade

    ReplyDelete