Since I can't talk to Janae yet, I am trying to pass some time and tell you about the latest miracle in the mission field.
Remember me telling you about Elder Cox. The newest missionary that we picked up at the airport on Wednesday. And he is totally deaf. This is a pic of him.
It just happened to be a lady who is a member and has been inactive for years and years, but about three weeks ago, came back to church. And she just happens to have a Masters or a Doctorate in ASL! Miracle! The bishop asked if she would interpret for Elder Cox. She said she would. So Elder Cox bore his testimony in sign language and she interpreted for him.
Elder Cox will probably be going to Olathe because there is a deaf school there, but for his first companion was put with Elder Eckern since Eckern had been with two other Elders since his companion went home a while ago. (I can't remember if I told you about the Elder who Dad took to the airport because he was harming himself. Another story about him later.) But mostly it is a miracle because our President lives and works with the Spirit. Miracle! He sent Elder Cox to this area and now this lady has asked Elder Cox to teach the gospel to her boyfriend. She was quite moved by the whole experience and I believe is back in the church. Miracles just keep happening all the time. We are so thrilled to hear about them when they happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment