That last entry is really Tuesday, 6 October 2009
Today is Wednesday, 7 October 2009
We were up and walking at about 6:20 this AM. Actually walked up to the mission office in about 15 minutes. Back home and got ready to be back at the office at 8AM when we (all the office seniors, 8 of us) meet to read the scriptures together for an hour. Then it was at our desks and doing of job. The Albaugh's from Lindon are teaching us. Dad will be the CAR CZAR and I am working with the Referrals. I entered about 14 new ones today. It was a good day with several young Elders and Sisters coming in to check on something, so we met quite a few today. There are 190 missionaries in our mission and 65 cars that Dad has to keep tabs on. We were told that this is the largest mission in the USA. Boy, he checks their driving records, warns them of speed traps, when to service their cars, etc.
They let us go at 12 for an hour lunch and then back at 1 to continue our training. After a couple more hours, they told us to go home. We drove around again to try and get our bearings and also stopped at the store again. Oh, I have had a hard time at the store when buying oatmeal and realizing that there are over 100 lbs. sitting at home and pepper when I have so much at home. It is like setting up a kitchen for the first time. Each hour we are writing down things that we need to get.
I have just taken some pics of our little place that I will post tomorrow. I wanted to get a pic of the train so I could include that, but it is too dark outside.
It is amazing how often we think of our family and friends and loved ones back home. There is always something to remind us of all of you. I have loved getting onto your blogs and hope that each day I can hear some good news and see some fun pictures.
We know that yesterday was Ben and Mason's birthdays, but that tomorrow it will be celebrated. Hugs and kisses to:
BENJAMIN RAY WALTON Happy Birthday to you from Grandma and
Grandpa Linde who love you so much.
MASON JAMES WALTON Grandpa and Grandma Linde hope you have
Happy Birthday. We love you so.
ok I'm feeling guilty I'll try to post more often!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the birthday wishes and the fun package in the mail. The boys loved it. I will call you tomorrow and see if we can get your pictures posted.
ReplyDelete