Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It never fails. I thought I would sail right through this tonight. You know, my third night in a row! As soon as I get a little confidence and feel like I know what I am doing, I get shot down. Can you believe I loaded the pics three times! I have no idea where the first two went. And the third I messed up on. Oh well.

Last week I got an invitation to a shower for Andrea. I was planning to make something for her but I thot I had till September. So you know me, I went to the store on Friday night and bought fabric, then I was talking to Linda and told her what I was doing and she said she had a new idea for a baby quilt. Anyway, from the description on the phone, this is how it turned out. I don't know if it is really what she was telling me but I think it turned out cute. I started it on Saturday afternoon, worked the rest of the night and then after church on Sunday, the rest of Sunday until 1am. But yes, I got it done and in the mail on Monday.


This is a close up of the stitching. I had a cheater tape to help me make straight rows and even stitches. It is called Tiger Tape. Great stuff! And I just ordered it out of a catalog a couple months ago and it was sitting in the drawer waiting to be used. Sometimes I am inspired


On our drive home from the airport where we picked up four people, two of whom were the Johnsons, who had our jobs just before us, we drove past the Kansas City Temple site. (what a sentence, did you run out of breath just reading it?!) Just lots of earth moving and a big hole in the ground at this point. But we will update it and you can see how it is going while we are here. There are several of us who are already planning a trip out here in a couple of years to see it when it is finished. You know, it kind of becomes 'your temple'.

This is the Sisters in the van on the way home from ZC after being treated to ice cream by Elder Linde. There are really eight girls in there. Don't know how we lost a couple of them.

Trying to build my confidence, so will try again tomorrow. Bye



4 comments:

  1. ADORABLE quilt, you and your fast fingers are quite amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the quilt in person. Beautiful. You are a quilting fool. Sorry about the computer frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the quilt too. So lovely, made me miss ya. I loved the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt so much. I find myself just sitting and looking at it. I love the stitches and I've showed it off several times! Thank you so much, it was so great having a package there at the shower from you!!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete