Monday, August 30, 2010

It has been hard lately, haven't found anything interesting enough to take a pic of.


But this was on Sunday night as I was driving to the church to pick up the Sisters. I was driving alone so it was kind of hard to get the pic when I wanted to, but it was sure pretty.


One of Dad's cars what got smooshed! Someone pulled out of a parking lot and hit the Elders.
New policy now in missions--you must see a doctor if you are in any kind of accident, bicycles included. They are both OK.


These are my little starts off the leaves that Erin mailed to me in a plastic bag! I love to grow things I guess. They are coming along nicely. Two different kinds. I have not ever seen the white ones. Don't know how they are going to look.

I got these two pics switched. This is Elder Mackie. I love him. He has called in more referrals than anyone in the mission. I think he must talk to everyone that he walks by, meets, or maybe even trips in passing. Anyway, the other day he was in the office and we were talking about Elder Clayson (picture below) and how he had lost so much weight. Elder Mackie said, "I cannot afford to gain weight, this face already looks old and more weight would only make it look older, and I do not want to attract some 35 year old woman!" Oh, we had a good laugh. He does have an older looking face, especially compared to some out here. He is a wonderful missionary.


This is Elder Clayson and I think I have told you how he reminds us of our own boys. If he leaves me a message on my phone, he always says, "this is your favorite missionary in the whole mission". Gosh, it would be hard to pick a favorite, but he is way up there on my list! The last time he was in the office he had lost 25 pounds and you could really tell and he looked so good. I have heard Elders say that he is up to 30 pounds now. His method: 2 Slim-Fast a day and two good snacks and one sensible meal. It is really working for him. He is so good. Doesn't even dip into my candy jar! He lives in American Fork.
We have new arrivals on Wednesday. Here we go again. There are 15 missionaries coming in. Then Thursday is transfers. Everyone is wondering and worrying or hoping! Some want a change, some are going home, some don't want to move again, oh, the emotions running around are evident. Tomorrow we will know a little more.




2 comments:

  1. the way you have your pictures I thought at first that was a car you were driving, shoow! What's wrong with 35 year old women? Still can't believe you are out there, I'm kinda jealous, can't wait till Rob and I can serve together! Did you hear about the efforts with the church and China? Hmm maybe Abby will be serving in China ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing from you. Is Dad still around? (hint)

    ReplyDelete