Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello, it is not Sunday night and I am back!

It was snowing last night as we went to bed with an inch or two of snow already on the ground. So this AM as the alarm went off, I turned it off and snuggled back down. Next time I looked at the clock it was 6:25 and I was still not able to push the warm comforter back. I then went back to sleep and awoke again at 6:45 having had a dream. I want to call it a revelation! I knew I had to find a treadmill. There is a bike outside our door and I have brought it into the living room for three mornings, but it is very boring and not quite like walking. Well, yesterday we actually got up and got ready to walk and stepped outside our door and the pavement was so slick, we could not walk on it. We got to the sidewalk and it too was very slick. So back into the apartment we went. (It is so wierd to think that we are living in an apartment). But I cannot do that bike. So my dream was the answer. Dad has been looking around for a used one at a sale or something. I suggested going to Wal Mart and buying one. We will see.

On the way to work we passed this flag that was attached to the pole. Gosh, it is cold! Our car said 11* and I know we should not complain because a lot of you are living in colder places, but it is COLD! With the wind chill it was -4* today. We had a few inches of snow, but I guess Utah got a lot of snow. We were talking to SL and my helper was working from home in South Jordan because the roads were parking lots.




The rain here freezes in drops because it freezes so quickly. We went to Salvation Army and bought our car a blanket. Partly to keep it warm, but mostly to make the ice scraping easier.

Zone Conference was cancelled today since a lot of us had to drive so far and the storm was just coming. So tomorrow we leave a 6am for our next conference. Only 45 minutes away.

We are warm and cozy in our little place. Next week I will give you a tour of the office and the other people we work with. I will just tell you that I nearly fell off my chair today as we were reading the Book of Mormon. We go around the group with everyone reading a column. Well, Sister Miller has a hard time with reading. We haven't figured out if she just does not know how to read or what, but phonics she does not understand. Sometimes someone will help her with a word and she still can't read it. Today it was iniquity and integrity. And then she will put in a word that is not there at all. But today she was reading and finished her column and then Sister Williams made the same reading errors that she did. Sister Willimas substitutes words also. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing and I found my eyes actually looking at Sister Williams scriptures to see if her words were different than mine. But we finished the Book of Mormon today along with a few tears of joy and hopefully some new understanding. We are now going to begin the Pearl of Great Price. It is good to read with a group because we often stop and discuss things and it is good.

Oh, it is good to be here. I talk with several of the missionaries each day to work out little problems and they are so sweet. The Sisters always say how much they love you and the Elders are always so grateful. Good kids.

ALL IS WELL

2 comments:

  1. It is so cold here too. The boys play outside for like 2 minutes, then come running back in. It has been bitter this week. Izaak said to me tonite that he was happy you had that picture haning in your apt. (the one he saw in a previous post that he made you before you left). I ask him why. He said...because I took out my heart and sqeezed out all the love I have in it and poured it into that picture for them. How sweet is that? I was also glad to hear you say it is good to be there. I worry about you sometimes, and Dad too. Love you both with all the love I can squeeze out of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold is the word for the week here too. No outside play and hurry to the car for trips to town. Silver says thanks for the pillowcase grandma.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete