Hi, and it is only Monday! I just had to tell you the highlight of the day. I did take some pics of the office today, but will save them till later. No pics tonight.
Dad heads to the airport in a rented 12 passenger rented van to pick up new missionaries. Elder Williams heads out with a borrowed truck (the Stutz's) because it has a top on it to carry luggage in addition to the trailer another van was pulling. Just what do you call those things over the bed of the truck? The pres and his wife in their car and the AP's in the mission van pulling a trailer to carry luggage. All is going good and us three women are about ready to leave the office to meet them all at the mission home for our little meeting. At that point we get a phone call from two sister missionaries who are still at the airport and they cannot find anyone to ride with. Sister Williams started laughing. (And she is not one to laugh real easy.) She told the sisters that they probably just drove around because security is always after them to move on out! They will probably be back to pick you up. She called her husband and he was almost back at the mission home. I called Dad and he announced to all in the van that they left two sisters behind and you should have heard the laughter! Dad was following the other van and they were about 5 minutes from the mission home. So all arrive at the home and by then everyone has the message that two were still waiting. I answered and pres says that Elder Linde is on his way back to get them. Then Sis. Willimas says he can't go alone, he will have to come and get one of us. That would add another 30 minutes to the mix, so I said if the pres. says Elder Linde is on his way to get them, I figure it is OK. She is one to live by the letter of the law! Rules are rules after all. (I believe she needs to loosen up a bit.) Well, the three of us sisters head out to the mission home and begin the meeting and 50 minutes later, Elder Linde and Elder Williams (he went along with dad) arrive with one Samoan girl from Samoa and a Latino from Arizona I believe. Can you imagine two senior Elders picking up two young sister missionaries. I thought it was so funny. We were glad that they were together. They actually did receive their sack lunch and then went back into the airport to find a bathroom. The airport is probably 25 miles away so it is a bit of a drive. It did add a bit of humor to the day and all of them are safely and soundly sleeping, I am sure, at the president's home tonight.
Tomorrow is transfer day so anything could happen!
Love to all. Shauna, Mom
So good to hear from you. Sounds busy and fun. Ben and Mason are sitting by me as I type this and looking at your picture on the screen and talking to it. They are saying..."gamma and gammpa, I miss you soooo much. They are holding up their hands using the sign language sign telling you they love you and pointing it at the screen. I think they are waiting for you to respond. Skype has confused them. Mason also just said "I love you sooo much gamma and gammpa. Can you hear me? You have been gone a long time. I love you to the moon and the earth. Those are my words. A-ha."
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteYour little tree looks so cute! I like the candies on it, too. You sound reallllyyy busy. Always coming and going and meeting lots of people. What adventures for the both of you. Eryn
PS. Matt says Merry Christmas and keep playing racquetball. It helps with your friend the stomach.
This things on the back of the truck are just called Shells...I guess. That's what my dad always called em. I love you and miss you and think of you often. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
ReplyDelete