We left Salt Lake, headed for the MTC at 9:30 am. Of course, we had several teary goodbyes beginning on Sunday after our setting apart and they continued until the final one on Monday morning with Matt and Eryn and Silver.
As we drove down the freeway I saw this flag flying at Colonial Flag. I have always been going to take a picture of it because I love it so much. And this was my last chance. Pretty good pic as we are moving along at 70 mph.
As we were driving, we had a call from Adrian. She told us to watch for the American Fork overpass at 5th East. She had taken her boys there to leave a message in the fence with red plastic cups. Sure enough, there were red plastic cups stuck in the fence in a heart shape. More tears. She said they had planned on standing up there and waving to us, but it was too dangerous for little guys. I tried to get Dad to go back so I could get a picture, but he said we would be late, so it is just a memory for us.
(Here you go mom and dad...I took a picture of it. Ade)
Yeah...you did it. Hope you dont mind that I stuck that picture in for you. Keep it up. This will be the best way to keep in touch....not to mention a great journal of your experiences. XOXO
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, Adrian. How sweet of you to also take a picture to remind them! Thanks for sharing that with all of us.
ReplyDelete