This is Sister and Elder Wright. They are from Blackfoot and he has been a farmer/cattle man. They have been what we call F/M missionaries. I think that means facilities management, but I could be wrong. They do get to wear levis and tennis shoes and sometimes we are envious of that, but the work they do---they shovel snow, a lot of it by hand and have kept our parking lot clean all winter, often starting very early in the morning any day of the week. They mow lawns, plant flowers, take care of church buildings, keep the grounds at Far West looking beautiful, they basically work as grounds keepers, and they are too old to be working as hard as they do. And Elder Wright had a knee problem several months ago. They wanted to send him home for surgery and he said no. So he had his knee scoped and arthritis cleaned out and has been in a lot of pain ever since. I talked to him last week and he is headed to Dr. Bertin in SLC for a couple of new knees! I told him to get it done soon so he can enjoy the rest of his life. And Sister Wright is the kind that is almost laughing whenever she is talking. She is so happy and also very fun to be around. Everything is always good for her.
Love and hugs being sent your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment